Oh! Hi. Fancy meeting you here.
Have not written anything in weeks. Don’t know why. I think I may be afraid of delving into the details of the stories. Carving them out of the Blob of an idea I dropped out of my mind months ago.
And I also continue buying books without reading a lot. I mean I have 25 books read so far, but still I feel like I am behind because I bought so many.
Here’s the latest Haul, somehow this year is the year of Trilogies.
- Misspent Youth [Commonwealth Saga Prequel] – Peter F.Hamilton
- Judas Unchained [Commonwealth Saga] – Peter F. Hamilton
- Pandora’s Star [Commonwealth Saga] – Peter F.Hamilton
- The Three Body Problem [Three Body Problem 1] – Cixin Liu
- The Dark Forest – Cixin Liu [Three Body Problem 2] – Cixin Liu
- Death’s End – Cixin Liu [Three Body Problem 3] – Cixin Liu
- Ancillary Justice [Imperial March 1] – Ann Leckie
- Ancillary Sword [Imperial March 2] – Ann Leckie
- Ancillary Mercy [Imperial March 3] – Ann Leckie
- Descender Volume 4: Orbital Mechanics – Jeff Lemire
- Monstress Volume 2: The Blood – Morjorie Liu
- His Dark Materials [1-3] – Philip Pullman
Hopefully this writing block is coming to an end soon.
Yes, I haven’t written anything. Not really.
But, I did add one short story to my overall Short Story book, based on a dream I had about an Elk. I wonder what direction all those stories will take. So far it worries me (besides them not being any good), that they might just be a wild mix of everything with no coherent topic or flavor. We’ll see, won’t we. If I ever manage to write more than a sentence a day.
Book Haul, no fancy pictures or descriptions…because I am a lazy person
The Farseer Trilogy: Assassin’s Apprentice, Royal Assassin and Assassin’s Quest
(Robin Hobb) – Time to get started on this 15 Books in multiple Trilogies that are all interconnected somehow.
NOS4R2 (Joe Hill) – Big fan of Stephen King, let’s see what his son has to offer.
The Diaries of Franz Kafka (Kafka & Max Brod) – I like to delve into the mind of great authors / writers. I read an excerpt and know I want to know more.
Sleeping Giants (Sylvain Neuvel) – There is a Robot. A big one. And other stuff.
The Book of the New Sun (1-4) (Gene Wolfe) – This just sounds a bit bonkers. Sci-Fi Fantasy. I am just curious.
Strange Heart Beating (Eli Goldstone) – I need some sad stories.
Homo Deus: A brief History of Tomorrow (Yuval Noah Harari) – I just want to know if this is good or just pretentious bullshit from an “intellectual” person.
Including Graphic Novels (which all had well above 100 pages, I go for the collected Volumes) I am currently on Book No. 23 in terms of my reading challenge for this year. I’m a bit behind, because the goal is around 60, but I was very, very lazy the past weeks. I hope to catch up.